UK Skilled Worker Visa

UK Skilled Worker Visa

Navigating Your Path to the UK: Skilled Worker Visas

In pursuit of a UK work visa? Look no further than Nexus Law Firm. Our seasoned immigration experts specialize in facilitating the seamless acquisition and extension of Skilled Worker visas. From ensuring Home Office-approved employers to navigating eligibility criteria and obtaining essential certificates of sponsorship, Nexus Law Firm streamlines the process for a stress-free experience. We prioritize English proficiency, address financial obligations, and guide applicants through the online application journey. With a commitment to efficiency, trust Nexus Law Firm to handle the intricacies of your Skilled Worker visa, providing a reliable pathway for individuals and their dependents. Your professional journey in the UK begins here, backed by the expertise of Nexus Law Firm.

Eligibility Criteria

  • Work for a Home Office-approved UK employer.
  • Possess a ‘certificate of sponsorship’ from the employer.
  • Job must be on the list of eligible occupations.
  • Meet minimum salary requirements.
  • Confirmed job offer is essential.


  • Work in an eligible job in the UK.
  • Study and bring dependents.
  • Extend visa as needed.
  • Opportunity for permanent settlement after 5 years.
  • Travel abroad and return to the UK freely

Knowledge of English

  • Speak, read, write, and understand English.
  • Proof of English proficiency required during application.

Duration of Stay:

  • Initial visa duration up to 5 years.
  • Extensions available as long as eligibility is maintained.
  • Opportunity for indefinite leave to remain after 5 years

Route to the Settlement

  • Apply for indefinite leave to remain after 5 years.
  • Grants the right to live, work, and study in the UK permanently.

Processing Time:

  • 3 weeks for applications outside the UK.
  • 8 weeks for applications inside the UK.
  • Expedited options available for faster decisions.

How does Nexus Law firm cater to your legal needs?

Nexus Law Firm specializes in providing comprehensive immigration services, particularly in the realm of the Skilled Worker visa category in the UK. Our seasoned team of immigration experts is dedicated to guiding you through the intricacies of the application process, ensuring a smooth and efficient experience. Whether you are seeking initial entry to the UK, extending your current visa, or transitioning from another visa category, Nexus Law Firm is committed to securing your legal status with precision. Our services include assistance with securing the required ‘certificate of sponsorship,’ navigating the eligibility criteria tailored to your specific job, and managing the online application process. We prioritize English proficiency requirements, address financial considerations, and offer strategic advice for individuals, as well as their dependents. Trust Nexus Law Firm to navigate the complexities of the Skilled Worker visa, allowing you to focus on your career and seamless integration into the UK.


01. Can I apply for a Skilled Worker visa if my employer is not approved by the Home Office?

No, eligibility requires employment with a Home Office-approved UK employer.

02. What is a 'certificate of sponsorship,' and how do I obtain it?

It is a document from your employer detailing your job. Your employer provides it; you must have it before applying.

03. Is there flexibility in the minimum salary requirement based on the type of work?

Yes, the minimum salary depends on the specific type of job.

04. Can I change jobs while on a Skilled Worker visa?

Yes, but you must apply to update your visa with details of the new job.

05. Are there restrictions on additional work or voluntary work?

Additional work is allowed in certain circumstances, and voluntary work is permitted.

06. Can my family join me in the UK on a Skilled Worker visa?

Yes, partners and children can apply as dependents if eligible.

07.What happens if my visa expires or I change employers?

You must apply to extend or update your visa to stay legally in the UK.

08. When can I apply for settlement (indefinite leave to remain)?

After 5 years of living in the UK and meeting other eligibility requirements.

09. Is there a faster processing option for visa applications?

Yes, expedited options are available with additional fees for both outside and inside the UK applications.

10. Can healthcare professionals in the public sector apply for a different visa category?

Yes, healthcare professionals can check eligibility for the Health and Care Worker visa, which may be more cost-effective

Book Your Free Consultation

And we will try to make it worth yout time to discuss the issue

    Nexus Law Firm

    Nexus Law Firm

    Font Awesome Icons
    Font Awesome Icons

    Aden & Co Solicitors (Our Partner)

    Font Awesome Icons

    Copyright © 2023 thenexuslaw © 2023 Al rights reserved. Terms & Conditions & Privacy Policy